May 22, 2015

From Cookies to Muddy Boots - DIY Drying Rack

My "About Me" page claims that I re-cycle, 
up-cycle and repurpose for the sheer joy of it. 

Here's my latest joy...

We've all seen the boot drying racks with 
pretty stones, rocks or pebbles in a pan on 
Pinterest, right?

So pretty, yes, however, every time you want 
to clean out all the accumulated mud & dirt you 
have to dump out all the stones, wash them and 
let them dry a bit before putting them back in the pan.

Not very practical for this country girl.

Recycle Cookie Baking Sheets, DIY Boot Drying Rack

I needed something I could rinse off  easily 
with my hose and put back in place before 
the muddy boots started arriving again!

So here's my solution; old cookie sheet, 
cooling rack and pretty spray paint.

The cooling rack is easy to rinse & dry and 
allows maximum air flow for muddy/wet boots.



Honestly, I did not over think this too much, 
so it was a really quick project. 
I did not "prepare" the baking sheets in any way 
prior to painting. We've been using them now for 
over two months. Works perfectly! 




Follow on Bloglovin

Have you used the pebble/stone drying racks?
Do they work for your family?




scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.

2 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful new uses for old things I pinned it. Also thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a smart idea, and it looks great.
    Visiting from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria